Keep up to date with all the news from Let's Talk Business from Hull, East Riding, Scarborough and Ryedale
Nominations now open for Hull Youth Enterprise Awards
Nominations are now open for a series Hull Youth Enterprise Awards 2016 that recognise Hull's enterprising schools and businesses.
The awards, which are organised by Hull City Council in partnership with the Hull Youth Enterprise Bank, include the following categories:
- Most enterprising school in Hull 2016
- The business that has done the most to promote an enterprise culture in the city 2016
- The Sheila Waudby Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Most Enterprising Teacher 2016
- The Jane Disbrey Enterprising Student Award 2016
- Best Newcomer School to Enterprise Education 2016
- John Cracknell Youth Enterprise Award
- Lee Creamer Youth Enterprise Leadership Award
- Jack Brignall Youth Enterprise Award
- The awards are sponsored by local businesses and organisations from across the city. This year's award winners will be announced in Global Entrepreneurship Week at the Guildhall in November.
The deadline for completed entry forms will be Thursday 1 October and judging will be completed by Saturday 10 October.
Winners will be invited to receive their award at the celebration event on Friday 18 November at the Guildhall as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week. The winning schools will receive an engraved plaque and £200 to further develop enterprise activity.
Ross Bennett Chair Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership , said: "I look forward to welcoming the nominations for these awards from across the city as we look to develop Hull's entrepreneurial culture amongst our young people.
"The Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership is committed to supporting our enterprising young people and we are more than aware that the young people of this city are our future, and we want them to move forward in life equipped with the right skills to build successful careers."
Nick Sangwin, MD of the Sangwin Group Chair of Global Entrepreneurship Week Planning Group, added: "As the Chair of the Global Entrepreneurship Week Planning Group I am pleased that this year the awards will go ahead thanks to the support of sponsors.